Tuesday 18 September 2012

What I got in my glossybox. September 2012.




This month's Glossybox was designed by illustrator Maggie Li to celebrate prints and it's really beautiful. The theme was 'Rising Stars'.

 


 
 
Inside my box was Lady Gaga Fame Black Fluid which i have been dying to try even though I'm not really a fan of celebrity fragrance. Not because I thought it would be for me, but because you expect something a bit crazy from Lady Gaga. So I was surprised that this is a pretty average celebrity fragrance - sweet and a bit boring. Apparently it contains 'tears of Belladonna' (a note in the more complex Illamasqua Freak, which I thought it might smell like) and 'crushed heart of Tiger Ochidea'. There are also two of each Rodial Glamoxy Snake Serum and 5 Minute Facial. They are in sachets, BUT they do sell the sachets on the website and the Snake Serum is £29.50 for 10! I'm excited to try these, but at £127 for the full size, I think it's safe to say it won't be a future purchase. My favourite item in the box is balance Me. Wonder Eye Cream, as I'm a big fan of the brand but haven't tried this product. As usual it's 99% natural origin with no nastiness, and the little hint of witch hazel and cucumber oil meant it felt nicely refreshing this morning. The other product i received is the Vichy Idealia day care cream. Think this is full size and is actually an excellent moisturiser. The card states that the original product cost £25 so good little item to have in your handbag for the coming winter months. The final product in my box is a sample size bottle of Maghrabian Hair oil. Not a big fan of oil as my hair is quite oily already so never tried it. Will still try it one weekend and see how i get on with it. The card states that the product bring nutrition, Hydration, conditioning, softness, shine and long time vitality. Original product is £24 for 100ml. A bit over my budget for hair products.
Overall a very pretty and worthwhile box. Glossy box did not include any of their own brand products this month and added some more high end products. If you would like to subscribe their website is www.glossybox.co.uk
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment