Wednesday 17 October 2012

What I got in my glossybox October 2012

 


This month's Glossy box arrived today. Receiving it from the post man really makes my day. I had sneakily checked out other blogs on what they received before i got mine. Naughty i know. I had seen on twitter that it was going to be a breast cancer box so i was expecting lots of pink or as its nearly Halloween, lots of black. I was happily surprised to find that this months box was D.I.Y beauty. On the back of the card they tell us that the products have been chosen to get us through a gloomy October, by treating us to a cosy night in with a home spa experience.




Whats inside


  • Anatomicals, Don't just clean it woman, scrub it body scrub.  A pink grapefruit body scrub that buffs with a bravura sense of charm and wit. (full size £3.49)
  • Olay, Olay regenerist 3-point treatment cream. Olay regenenerist's award winning, best selling moisturiser is now available fragrance free. (Full size £29.99, Box contains small sample)
  • Skinetica, Anti- blemish. A unique solution for clearing skin blemishes, showing results in 2-3 days. kind to skin with no side effects.
  • Yves Rocher France, Moisturising cream lipstick- Couleurs nature. Perfect coverage from the first application, a smooth, supple luminous film covering the lips. (This is full size worth £14.50)
  • Dr. Jart, Premium beauty balm, This Dr. jart +BB cream provides high SPF40 protection with anti- oxidents. A slightly glossy, low coverage cream which helps fight ageing. Aimed at ages 30+. (fulls size product £24, sample size in box)
  • Reviews

     
    At the moment i use soap & glory breakfast scrub   so it will be good to see how this compares! I have seen this brand around but its never caught my eye if I'm honest but of course i will give it a go :) It smells lovely, really fruity. It's not as rough as the breakfast scrub and it's quite jelly like.


    Okay so I'm going to start with the only downfall to this product...the cost, just a tad pricey at £29.99.  Don't get me wrong, wonderful cream but would like it to be  be a tad cheaper. Gorgeous product though, slightly greasy on my skin upon first application but eventually my skin started feeling soft and smooth. An all round good product and do recommend trying it.
    

     

    Am always in need of a good spot cream for when I suffer from the occasional one, so hoping the Skinetica Anti-Blemish can be used for targeted areas alongside general acne prone skin. I have not tried this just yet but from other reviews it looks to be a good product to have.











    I have been on the hunt for good red lipstick for a long time and I finally found it! It's a opaque satin finish lipstick and it's very long lasting. It's definitely my evening colour - I think I wouldn't wear it during the day, but it's a personal preference.
    It applies good, it's not slippery (with strong colour it's better if it's not). I apply it with a brush or straight from tube for touch ups.
    The packaging looks nice and different, I really like that. I think it's a really nice lipstick.




    I have already been using this for a month now and I'm in LOVE. A little goes a long way. I use 3/4 of a pump on my face, use a bit of concealer where needed and set with Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. Let it set into your skin a minute and you'll see that it blends with your natural shade. After that, some contouring and mascara leaves me with a natural, medium coverage look. I have acne prone skin and have had no problems so far. Fully recommend buying this product.






    Thanks for reading.
    Gem xx

2 comments:

  1. All these items look great!

    I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! Check out my latest post for details:)
    http://routethirteen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey.
    Wow thank you. Will check that out. :) x

    ReplyDelete