Monday 5 November 2012

Starry eyed.

Hot new trend thats hitting the high street this winter thats paying tribute to the galaxy.

Some background music?



I first discovered this trend while doing my daily search through topshop's lovely website. Their new collection is called 'Galactica'. Im loving the starry prints and metallics. The collection is described:'Welcome to the space age. This season, we’re going back to the future and taking a giant leap for fashion-kind. Our mission? Galactic glamour with a techno twist. Featuring sci-fi print sweaters, metallic flippy skirts and shimmering sheer layering –think hi-shine, hi-tech and graphic to the extreme'. So think lots of glitter, gems and bold prints. My favorite item out of the whole collection is this jumper on the left costing £55. I find it really cute and have tried it on and is actually a nice flattering fit. I had to put it back due the price but still on the look out for a cheaper version in the shops. If anyone finds one let me know. The worst item in the collection is definatly the metallic leggings. The right girl who knows how to style them up will probably look amazing in them but I doubt they will sell well, especially at a cost of £20. What do you think?



Other shops that are bringing in the space age trend are ASOS who's items include this gorgeous space column dress by river island for a bargain price of £22. May have to purchase this.
















2 comments:

  1. This is a really cute trend! I think I will go for the sweaters but I'm not sure I can pull off metalic leggings :)

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looove the colors, so cool.

    Ivana
    http://ruedetreschic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete