Thursday 17 January 2013

A beauty review: The Mascaras that I own.


Hello ♥

While putting on my makeup this morning i realised i have a lot of mascaras. I think this is because I'm extremely fussy when it comes to my lashes. If a mascara doesn't make my lashes look thick and long then i toss it to the side. I have wanted to write a review of my favourite product Maybelline's cat eyes for a while now and have decided to also review a couple of other that are in my makeup box as well. 

My best Mascaras. 


Maybelline the colossal volume express, cat eyes.  
I have been using this for nearly a year now and some how managed to avoid buying a new one. Just shows how much value for money the mascara is. It's a makeup product that i use every day and i have really struggled to find any other mascara to beat it. No, i haven't yet tried this Benefit they're real mascara that everyone is raving about. I just don't like the price of that one and have heard it dries out quickly. Will test it out one day when my curiosity gets the better of me.



The day i brought this mascara, i didn't really have one in mind. I wasn't into makeup last year so had no clue what where the best products on the market. I rushed and picked up the first one to catch my eye. You could say i judged it on the cover. Not the best thing to do but it was a good move in the end. With its bright yellow with leopard print details, it defiantly stood out among the hundreds of black mascaras. 


The wand itself is a curved 'spoon' type brush, This really works well on your lashes and now if i do treat myself to a different mascara i will probably look for this type of brush.  The brush is super easy to use and due to the bristles being so short, you can get right down to the eye to ensure you catch every lash as you stroke upwards.
Maybelline claims this mascara will give 'wide eye volume' and will 'flare out lashes for a bold cat evening look'. They are right. It really does. My lashes are lovely and long, almost giving the effect of false lashes (after a few coats). What i love the most about this product is that, having sensitive eyes myself, it does not affect them in any way. No sore, itchiness like most mascaras give me. The only negative if that if you cry or get caught in the rain the mascara begins to run. 


A mascara I didn't get on with..


Collection 2000 Skyscraper.
I saw this in my local pound shop and immediately thew it in my basket. I had no idea if was good or not, i just saw a bargain and snapped it up. 



Collection 2000 promise this mascara offers new super lengthening, clump free formula and also that the longer bristles on the brush coat your lashes from root to tip to deliver sky high length. 
When applied, it doesn't really show much or give you those va va vroom lashes which most girls like including me. However, it is nice for a soft day time look. It does lengthen a bit, and it does go on nicely but I just don’t see much else. I didn’t dislike this mascara entirely, but I wouldn’t buy it again. 







Another great mascara. 

Rimmel Scandel Eyes.

This mascara was not brought on impulse but recommended to me by a friend. I have always love Rimmel and never brought a bad product from their collection. This one didn't disappoint. I love how thick the brush is although this means i find it slightly difficult to apply on my little eyes. Lots of eye pokes etc. The great thing about it is that it picks up every single lash and really gives them extra volume. The brush also acts as a comb to brush out any clumpy build ups. I am also very impressed with how well the mascara stays on throughout the day, even if they get wet. Although, it is not as good as maybelline's cats eyes, this is still a great mascara and would defiantly recommend it. 






What mascaras are you loving at the moment? Feel free to leave a comment.
Gem x








6 comments:

  1. I recently bought the Benefit 'They're Real' mascara, and would definatley reccomend it! I was put off by the price as well, but splurged a little and don't regret it at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I m going to buy the travel size first to see how I get on with it. Really want it now. :)

      Delete
  2. Great review and I appreciate that first comment. I keep going back to diorshow but I'm always up for trying something new!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caroline. Haven't tried Dior products yet. Are they worth the money?

      Delete
  3. I must admit, I jumped on the 'they're real' bandwagon! I just have a little sample sized but will definitely buy the big one when that runs out- it ust does crazy amazing things to my eyelashes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just ordered one. Couldn't resist. I trust you guys. Thanks for the recommendation. X

      Delete