Wednesday 30 January 2013

Holiday glow from Look Beauty: A review








Hello ★

Another beauty post for you today. The product of the day is the Look Beauty Holiday glow bronzer. The shade of this one is 'Hollywood - shade 1'. 

I went to my local super drug at the weekend in search of a decent bronzer as a lot of people lately have been commenting on how pale i look. I am an anaemia suffer with naturally pale skin, so i do have a lot of days looking like a ghost.

Anyway, i came across the Look Beauty counter and picked up a couple of their products including this one. As you may already know, Look beauty has come from Look magazine and has surpassed my expectations. Their makeup is very reasonably priced and amazing quality. The Holiday Glow bronzers come in square metallic packaging, which are quite bulky but I suppose they will protect the blush from damage. The compact also has a large mirror inside which for me is ideal for those on the go touch ups.

The Holiday Glow bronzers come in three shades which are Hollywood, Rio and Ibiza. I decided to buy the Hollywood shade as it seemed a lot more suitable for my skin. It is a warm toned mix of brown and pink shimmer and although seems dark in the compact, it is actually quite light on the skin. On most skin tones this would be an ideal blush or bronzer but deeper skin tones it can be used as a highlight. When applied, I found it very soft in texture enabling me to blend easily. Also the bronzer felt soft on the skin, without any dreaded caking. Just what you need in a beauty product.

Overall, i found Holiday Glow - Hollywood very easy to apply and with my greasy skin, lasted the whole day. My skin is sun kissed and now everyone tells me i am looking really healthy. Just what i was after. From Superdrug this product will set you back £8 but is currently on offer for £5.

Gem x










1 comment:

  1. Excellent review! I get really pale too... I know that ghost look well. Always appreciate any product that will give me a nice glow!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete