Tuesday 29 January 2013

The Liebster Award.




Hello ♥

Over the weekend i was very kindly nominated for a Liebster award by Stefichop's beauty blog. This is not my first nomination but i thought i best give one a go. Thank you very much Stefi! 

The Liebster award is passed on through bloggers with under 200 GFC followers and helps to promote their blogs. The rules are fairly simple: 

1. Nominees must link back the person who nominated them. 

2. Once nominated you must write 11 random facts about yourself. 

3. You must also answer the 11 questions from the person that has nominated you. 

4. Come up with 11 questions to ask the 11 people you have nominated for the award. 



11 Random Facts About Me. 

1. I have a phobia of wasps and bees
2. I am addicted to energy drinks
3. I walk five miles a day
4. I have ten tattoos
5. My favourite food is sweet potato mash
6. Ignorance annoys me
7. My dream is to live in America
8. I still can not drive
9. When i was growing up i wanted to be a Vet
10. Instead I joined the R.A.F
11. I love musical theatre 

There you go. 11 random facts, some a little embarrassing. 

Questions from Stefichops

1. How do you like to spend your free time?

I love to play games with my two boys as well as spending a lot of time walking, and watching films with my husband. 

2. What's the reason behind your blog name?

I wanted to include my name and something which matches the content of my blog. As there is no set theme i chose "Thoughts and Loves". So i can basically write about anything i want to. 

3. Sweet or Savoury foods?

Savoury. Although i try to keep the amount i eat to a minimum. I love sausage rolls and crisps. Actually, this is a hard question because i also love cupcakes. I don't know which to choose. 

4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?

Hopefully i will be in a full time career with some more qualifications in child care. Also i would love to own a cottage by the sea. 

5. One thing that irritates you about the same sex? 

Bitchiness and the need to be competitive. Life is too short to hate each other. Also girls can really hold grudges. 

6. Most used make up item?

My collection 2000 black eyeliner and Maybelline Mascara. I can never leave the house unless my eyes are done. 

7. Favourite childhood memory? 

Walking dartmoor every weekend with my dad. So peaceful and magical up there. 

8. If you could only shop in one store for the rest of your life, which one you choose?

Topshop. I love that store to death. Their clothes last forever (except their jewellery) and always find some lovely pieces in there. 

9. Who is your celebrity idol for make up and hair? 

Scarlet Johansson. I love her classic look and her hair is always perfect. 

10. Do you have any life time regrets if so what and why?

Yes, quite a few. Such as meeting my abusive ex and leaving the R.A.F but hey you can't change the past but you change your future. 

11. Who inspires you most in your life?

My Dad. He has had a tough time in life and is still so strong. He helps me through my own bad times. 


My nominees 

XOXORachel89
A blog in the life of a Jersey girl
A Friendly Invitation 
Not your average
Tea cups and Buttondrops  
Pretty Polly's blog 


Questions for my nominees 

1. Why did you start blogging?

2. What is your favourite shampoo?

3. Dogs or Cats?

4. What is your most worn nail colour?

5. What is your all time favourite film?

6. If you could look like any celebrity who would it be?

7. What is your favourite item in your wardrobe?

8. What makeup product could you not live without?

9. What is your favourite place to shop?

10. Going clubbing or staying in watching movies?

11. Favourite city to visit?


So there are my eleven nominees and eleven questions. I look forward to hearing all your responses. 

Gem xx



4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the nomination! :) What are your tattoos of, out of interest? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a water fall on my right arm, a butterfly and a star on my left arm, stars on my left wrist, a bow on my right wrist, a fairy on the top of my left wrist, a star on my hip, a dragon on my upper back, and two swallows on my lower back. I think that makes ten. They are random little ones. :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the nomination!! I appreciate it:) Glad to know I am not the only one that can't drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Let me know if you do it on your blog. Its my goal to be driving by 2014.

      Delete