Sunday 6 January 2013

January so far.. A personal post




Hello,

Its 2013 already, wow. I really can't believe how fast 2012 went. It seems a lot of fellow bloggers, personal friends, and family are quite glad 2012 is over. I agree. For me 2012 was a huge rollercoster, containing many highs and too many lows for my liking. Also, other than starting this blog, i feel i haven't really achieved anything. I still can not drive, i am still a stay at home mum, and i still feel like I'm stuck in the bottom of a well. Im also still badly suffering with anxiety and feel this is what has stopped me from leaving the comfort of my shell. Feeling this way, i have decided to make 2013 my best year ever, starting with being over positive and throw all my negative feelings away. I have never before made new year resolutions as I'm bad at sticking to them but i want to write a blog post next year full of positive things i have achieved. So, i have decided to add a blog post at the end of each month, rounding up what i have been up to, what i have achieved, and what i have planned for the next month. This is more for me to keep track of my achievements and progress. Hopefully i'll be working, driving, a house owner, etc by 2014. 

January so far …
The first week of January has already been a great start for me. Instead of staying home, i got outside and did things for me. Every day i have been getting up early, walking the dog, cleaning the house and kept in touch with friends. 

The first day of January was welcomed with a few close friends, some fun drinking games, and watching the London fireworks on BBC. Its our favourite way to celebrate the new year.  No waiting in the rain for taxi's, no over priced shots or being a sardine in a over crowded nightclub. Plus we could actually talk and laugh. How did you guys bring in the new year? 

Most days have been spent ignoring my spending ban and hitting the sales, but in a positive way its kept me active and away from the left over chocolate. On wednesday i undertook my biggest achievement for this week  which was booking the very last ticket to see Les Miserables on London's  west end. I am not so keen on venturing into London on my own. I get very paranoid of people looking at me. The hardest part for me was sitting in the theatre alone. I felt a lot of eyes on me. I relaxed a lot though when i over heard a lady behind me saying that she was alone because her friend couldn't get tickets. Its nice to know you are not the only one in that situation. I am a huge huge fan of the show, and i admit i sat and cried on my own during the finale. I just thought to myself, ill never see the people sat next to me again. 

So thats January so far. Still some of the month left so will update the post at the beginning of February. 


From left: my new years outfit, top: les mis at the queens theatre, buckingham palace, shopping haul.






2 comments:

  1. I've been to London to see a show by myself too and had a great time! It can be a touch scary but very rewarding to do things like that! (I once went on holiday by myslef, and had the best time!) so well done for trying it and good luck with moving forward more in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I couldn't go on holiday by myself although it sounds like a great and rewarding challenge. One to look at. X

      Delete